Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My 1st Easy Scrapbook Page



Ever since I was introduced to scrapbooking as a teen I've loved the idea of it. I've spend hours browsing the aisles of JoAnn's fingering the crisp, colorful papers and admiring the adorable little embellishments and adornments. However, scrapbooking this way takes money, time, and "creative decisiveness"--all of which I lack right now. Of the three problems, I think my biggest one is "creative decisiveness," by which I mean being able to narrow my ideas down to an acutal layout and execute it. I agonize over the best arrangement and end up not buying anything because I might find a cuter item or have a better idea later. Thus, in 10 years I have not made a single scrapbook layout!

Today, however, I decided that it is more important to me to have a scrapbook than to have the perfect scrapbook. Thus, I decided to use the free (or almost free) resources I have on hand--my computer, printer, and cardstock. Instead of buying scrapbooking software or credits on a scrapbooking site, I'm making use of Publisher and free clip art and font sources. Since I'm nursing my 8-month-old, I can work on digital layouts while I feed him without feeling like I'm "wasting" time by not cleaning the house. Plus, if I decide to rework a layout to make it better, I can edit it and print it out again later for very cheap.

Here's my first layout. Keaton loves to see pictures of babies (including himself!) and giggled aloud at the picture of himself giggling aloud. Hmm, if I scrapbooked that I could end up with an endless series of him giggling at a picture of himself giggling at a picture of himself giggling...

No comments: